Tuesday, May 19, 2009

How gratitude gets you going again Woke and did a sun salutation to the heater then walked up One Tree Hill for a bit of clarity. I am more of a hill

Woke and did a sun salutation to the heater then walked up One Tree Hill for a bit of clarity. I am more of a hill and tree girl than a beach person. Halfway up and with myriad thoughts going through my head I straightened up for a breather. As I turned around my mental mess was assaulted by the view. I realised if I can’t be grateful here I can’t be grateful anywhere. More to the point the only reason why I feel lack at the moment is because I am not noticing what is staring me in the face (or in the case of this walk what has always been behind me) and being grateful for it. I walked on up the hill noting all the things on route that made me smile and then sat at the top doing some self talking and pondering. Felt a little freer, albeit eluded by a breakthrough. For all my years of so called spiritual and personal development training I feel I am only barely denting this issue in terms of healing.

When I got back to the motel I typed Bali and volunteering into Google back and this little place called Seeds of Hope came up immediately. It’s an orphanage that is asking for people to play, teach and sing with the kids. No commitments. Just doing what you can. My heart warms to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment